Bites but no bugs...
(American, but in Germany)
The mystery of the bites but no bugs...
So I have been getting bit over the past month. I have visible bites all over my body.
Last night I got 5 bites on my hand and 2 on my side. I was traveling from bathroom to bedroom when I noticed my hand was so badly itching and the bites had not been there when I went to bed.
I know, you may be thinking bed bugs BUT when I wake up and take a shower, I go down stairs and get ALL my clothes on, never returning to the bedroom and nothing coming out of there (everything is clean). I go to work and end up with 3 new bites on my tummy.
SO, then tonight I went to a fest in another town and noticed I had 2 new bites from today. One on the tip of my thumb and on my other hand.
I get them on my legs, torso, breast, arms, hands, and feet - never on my head or face. I have had a few on my rear end tho.
The thing about it is that my hubby and my son NEVER get bit just me. I'm going CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!! I itch ALL the time. PLEASE help me! I'm at a loss!
You're right. My first thought WAS bedbugs! :) It's very rare for one person to get bitten by bedbugs and another person in the same bed to be bite-free, though.
not be dealing with a bug bite at all. It could be a rash of some sort as a result of coming into contact with something you are allergic to - a plant, a food, a chemical, etc.
As strange as it may sound, when you have an allergic reaction to some things, just by scratching in one area, you can "break out" elsewhere on the body because the toxin is in your system.
Can you think of anything new that you've tried recently that may have brought this on?
Of course, you certainly COULD have picked up a parasite internally by touching something contaminated with a bacteria/virus and then touching your mouth, nose, or eyes.
There could have even been a parasite in something you ate.
Discovering the source of your problem may prove difficult. I suppose what you really want is relief of the problem.
If I were in your situation and unsure of what was causing the itchy bumps or bites, this is what I'd do...
- Give everything a good clean. Change the bedding, towels, etc., and vacuum thoroughly to reduce the possibility of bedbugs or mites.
- Make a mixture of tea tree oil or raw apple cider vinegar and water and spray the house and beddings to kill and/or chase away possible parasites.
- Apply tea tree oil or raw apple cider vinegar to the itchy skin.
- Take some probiotics 2-3 times per day to boost the immune system and fight off internal parasites. I use Florafood.
- Take some anti-parasitic cleansing herbs to help eliminate possible toxins and parasites. I use Herbal Fiberblend.
Those are my best suggestions for you. I hope you get some relief soon. To your good health!