A Constipation treatment can be as simple as a change in your lifestyle.
Proper diet and exercise can be a tremendous help in getting your digestive system working properly.
It's not easy to make lifestyle changes. If you want to ensure your long term health, it is the best way to go.
There are natural constipation remediesthat you can use for quick relief and immediate results.
In the long run, though, you really need to make changes so that you can avoid the causes of constipation over the long haul.
Long Term Constipation Treatments
If you want to avoid recurring constipation naturally without having to take additional supplements, you really need to change your lifestyle. Here are some basic tips that get your bowels moving.
- Exercise - With our busy lifestyles and modern living, many of us don't move as much as we should. If you know you don't get much exercise with your day to day tasks, you need to make a point of adding exercise on purpose.
When you exercise, you tone up the muscles in your legs, arms, lungs, and heart. This exercises the muscular wall of your intestines, too. More Glutamine is produced that will provide healthy cells for your intestinal wall.
- Eat More Fiber - Fiber foods are important for good elimination. We don't usually eat enough good fiber in our diet. We need whole grains, dark green vegetables, raw nuts, sprouts, and seeds.
If you find it difficult to eat as much fiber as you should, you should consider supplementing with a quality fiber like flaxseed or Herbal Fiberblend. HFB has the added benefit of cleansing herbs that can be taken daily to help you keep you regular without harmful side effects.
Another option for those who don't get enough nutrients in their diet is to consider whole food supplements. Whole food powders like BarleyLife are full of the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that so many of us are lacking. I take a little of this each day myself.
As an alternative, you may want a more gentle fiber without the cleansing herbs. In that case, I'd recommend AIM's Fit-n-Fiber.
- Use Good Oils - Oils have a lubricating effect on the mucous walls of your colon. Natural olive oils and seed oils are much better for you than hydrogenated and processed oils. Extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil are my current favorites. If you aren't getting enough good oils in your diet, supplement with AIMega, rich in Omega 3, 6, and 9.
- Drink Plenty of Liquids - Dehydration contributes to constipation. You need 5-8 glasses of liquids each day. Good filtered water, herbal tea, and fruit juices are important. If you don't have filtered water, consider getting a filter from Aquasana, or better yet invest in a Genesis Platinum Water Ionizer.
When it comes to fruit juices, be sure to dilute them. Although they may not have 'sugar added' they contain a lot of natural sugars that are not good for your intestinal lining. Too many sugary drinks and salty foods tend to dehydrate the body.
- Eat More Fruit and Cultured Foods - Some people have a sensitivity toward products made from cow's milk. If you think there is a possibility you or your children suffer from this allergy, try cutting back.
Fruits contain vitamins, minerals, fiber and water that help promote elimination. Add 2-3 pieces of fruit to your diet each day. Some good suggestions are...
You can soak the figs or prunes in water and add them to some natural yogurt that contains live cultures.
Drink a Bit of Aloe Vera Juice Daily - Aloe Vera juice is naturally soothing to the lining of the intestines. It softens the feces and makes elimination so much easier. You only need a small amount each day (about 1/4 cup) as a constipation treatment.
If you incorporate these simple suggestions in your daily life, they will work as a natural constipation treatment that may solve all your constipation problems without any additional aids. Besides that, they are just good principles for healthy living. It may take you a month to get used to them. After that, they will become a natural healthy habit.
To your good health!
Have A Constipation Question or Comment?
If you have any questions about constipation feel free to ask them here. Please be as specific as possible with lots of details so that we can have the best chance of helping.
Maybe you have an experience of your own to share that will encourage and help others find relief from constipation. Please take a couple of minutes to tell us about it.
Return from Constipation Treatment to Symptoms of Constipation
Return to All About Parasites Homepage