Do Home Remedies For Hemorrhoids Actually Work?
Many people suffering from hemorrhoid symptoms wonder if home remedies for hemorrhoids really work, or if they are a waste of time and effort.
If you are suffering from the pain of an external hemorrhoid, I know that you want relief fast.
If you're dealing with internal hemorrhoid symptoms, you probably aren't feeling much pain. It may be that you've started noticing some blood in the toilet when you've had a bowel movement, or on the toilet paper when you've wiped.
This symptom unaccompanied by pain and discomfort is usually a sign of an internal hemorrhoid, and the blood is from the tissue being abraded when the fecal matter pushes past it.External hemorrhoid symptoms are much more obvious:
- pain in the rectum
- bleeding when you move your bowels
- a lump in the rectum that you can actually feel
- itching of the rectum (in conjunction with the pain)
Because the subject can be so embarrassing for many people, it's hard to ask your friends if they know of any home remedies for hemorrhoids. That's understandable.
The good news is that there ARE things you can do to reduce your chances of getting a hemorrhoid in the first place and prevent a recurrence if you've already had the experience.
The best hemorrhoid treatment that I know of is Herbal Fiberblend
used on a daily basis. The fiber and herb combo soften your stool naturally and the herbs also work to help heal the lining of your rectum so that you won't be as susceptible to hemorrhoids in future.
It's also important to note that many believe that hemorrhoids are linked to candida (yeast) overgrowth in the body. The HFB will also help you get the fungal overgrowth under control!Is this a hemorrhoid cure?
Well, technically I'm not really supposed to use the word "cure" when suggesting home remedies for hemorrhoids or any other natural remedies, but let's just say it really does work and leave it at that. ;)
Home Remedies For Hemorrhoids
Apart from the Herbal Fiberblend for getting to the root of the problem, here are some natural home remedy treatments that can give you some instant relief from the hemorrhoid symptoms.
- Apple Cider Vinegar - get the organic kind, like Bragg's and apply some to a cotton ball and dab it on the rectum. You can leave the cotton ball in place for a while if you like.
Some people may experience some stinging if their hemorrhoid is open. In that case, dilute the ACV with a little water or put some in the bath for a soak.
It's also a good idea to add a tablespoon of the organic apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and drink it each day, too. This should give you good results.
- Garlic suppository - Yes, it's just as it sounds. Try peeling a clove of garlic and using it the same way you would use a suppository. Insert the garlic clove into the rectum. Some people find this works well for them, so it's worth trying in your case.
What else can you do to promote a hemorrhoid cure besides using the above home remedies for hemorrhoids? Believe it or not, a lot of it is pretty much common sense (that's not that common these days!):
- Drink plenty of water. You should include at least 8 glasses of water per day if you are having trouble with hemorrhoids. The water helps to hydrate the bowels so that your stool is softer and easier to pass.
- Increase your fiber intake by eating healthy foods. These would be fresh fruits and vegetables and healthy grains like flaxseed, psyllium, and salba grain. The added roughage is another way to improve your bowel movements naturally.
- Taking some added flavonoids has been shown in some studies to make a marked improvement. The dose recommended was 2,000 mg of flavonoids (90 percent diosmin/10 percent hesperidin) per day for a couple of months.
- Try not to strain on the toilet! I told you it was common sense. :) Seriously though, sitting too long on the toilet or anywhere for that matter can cause added pressure to the rectum which makes the hemorrhoid swell further.
- Consider using some of these essential oils for hemorrhoids as a topical ointment to get some relief.
I hope these tips help you and that you find relief and healing soon. To your good health!Return from Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids to All About Parasites Home