Swine Flu Prevention Tips
Use some common sense swine flu prevention tips.
Save yourself and your family a lot of the discomfort associated with the coming flu season and the H1N1 virus symptoms everyone is dreading.
Just because the flu is "going around" doesn't mean it has to come to your house.
And if it does come, it doesn't have to stay!
I think most of us know the basic common sense rules of good hygiene and cleanliness, but let's just go over them again as a timely reminder for all of us.
But first, let me start with some supplement recommendations for keeping a strong immune system, which is the most effective Swine Flu prevention tactic of all.
For Boosting Your Immune System:
- Probiotics - A combination of good bacteria in your body is essential to fight off invading bacteria and viruses. Get a high quality probiotic supplement like Florafood and take one capsule daily for preventive maintenance.
- Antioxidants - Proancynol 2000 is a blend of natural antioxidants that help to boost the immune system and fight off free radicals.
- Excellent Nutrition - Whole food supplements are one of the easiest and most effective ways to ensure that your body is getting the nutrition you need to stay strong and healthy. I use the Garden Trio and Leaf Greens on a regular basis.
- Cleansing Herbs - My secret weapon for preventing the spread of the swine flu and any other bacteria and virus I come in contact with is Herbal Fiberblend. At the slightest sign of discomfort or when I know I've been around someone unwell, I immediately start taking a little HFB. The herbs in the Fiberblend are antiparasitic and help flush those "nasties" out of my system before they get a chance to do any damage.
For Personal Hygiene:
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- Use tissues and throw away immediately so you don't spread germs.
- Wash hands thoroughly after coughing, sneezing, shaking hands, or touching door handles, etc., in public places.
- Try to avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth if you are unable to wash your hands. The mucus membranes are the most highly susceptible to the spread of germs.
For Home Hygiene:
- Good quality essential oils make excellent natural cleaners and disinfectants for the home. Combine several drops of your favorite essential oils in a spray bottle of water and use to keep the air in your home fresh and germ free.
- The ratio of oil to water varies depending on your purpose, but usually 5-10 drops of oil per cup of water works very well.
- Here's a list of some of the best disinfectant oils that you may want to choose from:
- Tea Tree
Remember to shake your spray bottle before each use so that the oil is dispersed throughout the water.
Some people like to try a combination of oils to get the most pleasant aroma based on their personal preference. You can mix and match to come up with your own favorites. If you create a "winning combination" take a few minutes and add it using the form below so others can give it a try.
These simple tips for swine flu prevention will go a long way to keeping you and your family healthy and happy and free of the symtoms of swine flu throughout the big swine flu scare. Use common sense and practical natural remedies and breeze through the drama unscathed.
To your good health!
Let's Talk About The Swine Flu!
If you or someone you love has been affected by the swine flu, please tell your story here.
If you have updates regarding the spread of H1N1 in your area, or other comments about the influenza, we'd like to hear them.
You can ask questions or share with others what you have found to work or not work in your quest for prevention, precautions or even a home remedy.
It's simple and easy to fill out the form below.
The more specific you are the better in sharing your story so that you can be helped or others can be helped by your submission.
Return from Swine Flu Prevention to Swine Flu Epidemic
Return to All About Parasites Homepage