Yeast Infection Causes
There are five main yeast infection causes that lead to a whole range of distressing symptoms and diseases.
When you know and understand the causes of yeast overgrowth, you are better able to rid yourself of the infection.
A yeast infection is not at all unusual. It is also known as Candida named for the type of yeast organism that grows in the body, Candida albicans.
Even though we all have this form of bacteria living in us, it is usually kept in check and balanced by the good bacteria that lives in our digestive system.
When the immune system is weakened or compromised, it gives the Candida fungus a chance to multiply and take over. That's when you start seeing the yeast infection signs that have become so common.
Five Common Yeast Infection Causes
How is the immune system compromised? What causes it to be so weak that it can't fight off the spread and overgrowth of yeast? These are the five basic ways your immune system is placed in jeopardy.
- Drugs - I'm not just talking about so-called recreational drugs, although they are culprits, too. So many prescription medications will suppress your immune system and leave it vulnerable to invaders.
Antibiotics is one of the worst yeast infection causes there is. Antibiotics are sent in to get rid of one problem but they end up killing off a lot of good bacteria, too. The balance of power shifts and yeast infections set in.
If you decide to take antibiotics or some other medication, be sure to take a good probiotic, like Florafood to help keep the good bacteria at a high count.
- Hormones - Another unexpected culprit is birth control pills. Contraceptives can disrupt the blood-sugar balance in the body and encourage the overgrowth of candida. This can also be caused by repeated pregnancies and other things that lead to hormonal imbalances, like dioxin in paper products, DDT residue in foods, etc.
High levels of estrogen, whether occurring naturally or as a result of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) increases your risk of yeast infections because estrogen encourages the growth of Candida albicans.
This includes steroid hormone medications like cortisone and corticosteroids that are often prescribed for arthritis or skin problems.
- Sugars - I know, I know, bad news. Sugar feeds yeast, and if you have a diet high in sugar you are quite likely to suffer from yeast overgrowth. This isn't just the typical 'bad' white sugar either. I'm talking about all sugars, even fruit juices and refined carbohydrates, too.
If that is the cause of your particular candida symptoms you may be lucky enough to eliminate the problem when you eliminate the sugar for a few weeks and simply add some candida probiotics.
- Stress - As strange as it may seem, stress really can lead to yeast infection. The immune system is affected when our body is under too much stress. Although many of us have extremely busy lifestyles and situations that are out of our control, we need to make an effort to reduce the amount of stress we are under.
You can lower your stress levels through exercise, relaxation, and even nutritional health supplements like Composure®.
If you know that you have a lot of stress to deal with, don't wait until it starts affecting your health. Take simple steps to boost your immune system so you can stay on top of things. Prevention is always better than cure.
- Chemicals & Pollutants - Surely you know that we are exposed to far more chemicals and pollutants in the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the food we eat than ever before. All of these factors contribute to a build up of toxins in our system that cause our bodies natural balance to be skewed.
All of these yeast infection causes are prevalent in our every day lives. It's no wonder that so many of us are suffering from various yeast infections and don't even realize where the problem is coming from.
A great resource providing natural cures for yeast infections is
Sara & Robert Summer's e-book
Cure Your Yeast Infection
The All-Natural Way.
It covers natural remedies for diaper rash, thrush, and infections of the skin, throat, mouth, nails, vagina, and penis.Order it Here!
As a first step, I always recommend that every person should undergo a thoroughcolon cleanse if they are serious about maintaining good health. Most diseases begin in the colon. If you can keep your colon healthy, the health of the body is much more assured.
After, or even as, you cleanse the body, you also need to rebuild and feed your body the nutrients it needs to heal itself.
The Bible says that we are "fearfully and wonderfully made," and I truly believe that. God created the body to heal itself if it is given the nutrition it needs to do so.
Of course, one of the best things you can do is be aware of the yeast infection causes, and do your best to avoid them.
To your good health!
Have A Candida or Yeast Infection Question or Comment?
If you have any questions about Candida, yeast infections, anti candida dieting, supplements, or cleansing feel free to ask them here. Be as detailed and specific as possible to give us the best chance of being able to help.
You may have some additional tips that you've learned to help others find relief. Please take a couple of minutes to share them with us.
Return from Yeast Infection Causes to Candida Symptoms
Return to All About Parasites Homepage