Yeast Infection In Men
What causes yeast infection in men? I'll tell you.
There are a variety of different causes, but they are all linked to a weakened immune system.
A yeast infection is the result of an overgrowth of the yeast parasite (Candida albicans) that naturally lives in your digestive tract or gut.
When you have a strong immune system, the good bacteria keeps the Candida from getting out of control.
When something happens to weaken the immune system, the Candida sees its opportunity and starts to spread quickly through your system.
Eventually, you will be affected by either oral thrush, nail fungus, skin rashes, a penile yeast infection, or a whole range of seemingly unrelatedcandida symptoms that indicate yeast infection in men.
What Causes Yeast Infection In Men?
There are different causes for a male yeast infection. Some of the major causes are these:
- Antibiotics - Because antibiotics kill off both good and bad bacteria, you are always at risk of developing a yeast infection if you take antibiotics. This is especially true if you have to take them repeatedly or frequently. Any time you take antibiotics, you should also take some probiotics to keep your good flora count up. I prefer Florafood because of its high quality and guaranteed potency. That is something you should look for in any probiotic you might take.
- High Sugar Diet - Yeast feeds on sugar. If you are a junk food junkie and eat lots of high sugar and carbohydrate foods, you may find yourself suffering from the symptoms of Candidas. If you think this is the cause of your infection, you may be able to clear it up by simply cutting out your sugars and adding the candida probiotics. There's a list of basic candida diet guidelines if you aren't sure what you can and can not eat.
- Sexual Intercourse - A man may pick up a yeast infection from a woman through sexual intercourse if the woman has a vaginal yeast infection. If this is the situation, both persons need to treat themselves for a candida cure or they will keep passing it back and forth to each other. It's not something you really want to share.
- Condoms - Some of the spermicides used in condoms can result in a penis yeast infection. You really need to be aware of this as something to watch out for.
- Diabetes - Men with diabetes are more at risk of yeast infections than those without. This is believed to be because of the higher sugar levels in the urine. If you know you have diabetes, you would be wise to takeFlorafood on a regular basis to keep your immune system strong with plenty of good gut flora.
- HIV - If you are suffering from a virus like HIV or other immune disorders, you really need to do all you can to support your immune system in every way possible. I would highly recommend that you regularly cleanse your colon with a good herb and fiber combo like Herbal Fiberblend and feed yourself with plenty of whole food supplements to build healthy cells.
God made the body to heal itself if it gets the nutrition that it needs to do so. A good colon cleansing will enable your body to make the most of the nutrients you feed it. It doesn't matter how much good stuff you put in your body if you body is unable to absorb the nutrition it is given.
Prevention is better than cure, but if it's too late, a male yeast infection cure is just what you are looking for.
I hope you've found the information you are looking for. If not, please use the form below to ask any questions about yeast infection in men. We'll do our best to help you out.
A great resource providing natural cures for yeast infections is Sara & Robert Summer's book
Cure Your Yeast Infection
The All-Natural Way.
It covers natural remedies for diaper rash, thrush, and infections of the skin, throat, mouth, nails, vagina, and penis.Order it Here!
To your good health!
Have A Candida or Yeast Infection Question or Comment?
If you have any questions about Candida, yeast infections, anti candida dieting, supplements, or cleansing feel free to ask them here. Be as detailed and specific as possible to give us the best chance of being able to help.
You may have some additional tips that you've learned to help others find relief. Please take a couple of minutes to share them with us.
Questions and Comments by Other Visitors
Click the links below to see the questions and contributions from other visitors to this page.
Add your opinions and comments if you'd like to help...
Return from Yeast Infection in Men to Candida Symptoms
Return to All About Parasites Homepage